With over 160, 000 species of moths in the world you may have a ‘holey’ war being waged in your unused wardrobe at the moment.
Lockdown is coming to an end and your wardrobe might resemble Swiss cheese having been unused while you worked from home in your comfy sweats. Hillbans has some information to help you fight this battle and rid your space of this pest.
What we know about moths:
- Larva target sweat – so you may find your collars and armpits have some holes.
- Moths look to mate in warmer months
- Moths like warm, humid places
- Moths are attracted to hair and body oil left in dirty clothing
- Moths can eat through cardboard
- Moth eggs and larvae cannot survive cold temperatures
There are a few helpful things you can do to rid your wardrobe of moths and their larva:
- Wash clothes you are not planning to wear for a while. Store in air-tight containers or bags.
- Leave wardrobe doors open regularly to allow ventilation.
- Wash clothes at a higher-than-normal temperature if they have evidence of moth damage to kill off the larva.
- Clean your wardrobe with diluted vinegar as moths can’t tolerate the acid.
- Use Cedar wood hangers to deter moths.
- Be sure you store your clothing in dry spaces.
- Vacuum regularly in normally hidden or unused areas.
- Use dried herbs like rosemary, thyme, lavender in your drawers.
If all else fails, Hillbans is here to help. If you have an infestation of moths, our experienced staff can help rid your space of these pesky critters.
Visit our online shop https://hillbanspestcontrol.co.uk/pest-control-products/ for available products to rid your home of pests.
Thank you for choosing Hillbans for your pest control.
Sandra, Pat and your Hillbans Team